With the current situation having a major impact on health systems and health workers around the globe, we want to show our appreciation and support for those in the NHS who continue to do incredible work during this time.
We have done this by donating £6,250 to NHS Charities Together.
About NHS Charities Together
NHS Charities Together are a membership organisation for the charities that support the NHS nation-wide, creating a collective voice and support system at a national level to help meet all aspects of the NHS Long Term Plan. Collectively, these charities provide £1 million every day to the NHS, helping patients access the best possible care when needed most.
COVID-19 Urgent Appeal
NHS Charities Together represents 220 member charities throughout the UK that support the NHS, and all funds raised as part of the Covid-19 Urgent Appeal will support the health and wellbeing of staff and volunteers who continue to provide medical care for all and treat COVID-19 patients. This funding provides support in ways above and beyond their core funding ordinarily would.
”We are incredibly proud of the work done by NHS workers. While many of us are fortunate to be able to continue our working lives remotely, they are on the frontlines and we wanted to acknowledge the incredible work they have done and continue to do during this time.”Peter ConroyTrayport President
To find out more about the NHS Charities Together, the work they do and their Covid-19 Urgent Appeal please visit www.nhscharitiestogether.org.uk
Other Charities We Are Supporting During This Time
We are very proud to have increased our giving to support numerous charities in varying areas of need during this time. These include:
- WE Charity who supports Kenya’s Emergency COVID-19 Appeal | Learn more
- Women’s Aid who fight for women and children’s safety from domestic abuse | Learn More
- Transient Workers Count Too who support migrant workers in Singapore | Learn More
- Caritas who feed and look after the homeless in Vienna
- The Trussell Trust who support a nationwide food bank network in the UK
- First Love Foundation who support the London borough of Tower Hamlets | Learn more
“”Meghanne HughesWorkplace and Engagement Manager