With our Austrian office located in Vienna, our team has identified Caritas as a key charity to support in the city as we increase our corporate giving during the current coronavirus pandemic.
We are pleased to say we have been able to donate €6250 towards their Canisibus initiative.
As part of the wider Caritas Austria and Caritas Internationalis, in Vienna the charity focuses its efforts on helping the homeless within the city and the lower Austria region.
The word “caritas” means to see and act in need. In Vienna, the organisation works to support those living in homelessness by providing meals, overnight stays, warm clothes, and shoes. They also work to provide hospice support, asylum and integration services, employment help, and more.
One of their initiatives is the Canisibus which through donations and the work of 120 volunteers are able to bring hot soup, bread, and hospitality to the homeless.
”The Vienna team nominated Caritas charity who help combat homelessness by providing much-needed support, guidance, and a hot meal every day to those living on the streets. The people they support are extremely vulnerable at the moment and demand for support has increased."Peter ConroyTrayport President
To learn more about the good work being done by Caritas in Vienna please visit their website www.caritas-wien.at
Other Charities We Are Supporting During This Time
We are pleased to have increased our corporate giving during this time to include a variety of charities in the UK, Singapore, and Austria.
- WE Charity who supports Kenya’s Emergency COVID-19 Appeal | Learn more
- NHS Charities Together who support health workers in the NHS | Learn more
- Women’s Aid who fight for women and children’s safety from domestic abuse | Learn More
- Transient Workers Count Too who support migrant workers in Singapore | Learn More
- The Trussell Trust who support a nationwide food bank network in the UK | Learn More
- First Love Foundation who support the London borough of Tower Hamlets | Learn more